Just the Facts!
Welcome to the rugged San Juan Mountains of Southwestern Colorado. Purgatory at Durango Mountain Resort is known for some of the most consistent snow around. Frequent storms followed by sunny, bluebird days create perfect conditions for pure alpine nirvana. Here are all the latest facts and statistics about Durango Mountain Resort:
- Our Base Elevation is 8,793 feet (2,680 meters)
- The Summit Elevation is 10,822 feet (3,299 meters) (That's over two miles high!)
- Vertical Drop is 2,029 feet (618 meters)
- Skiable Area is 1,360 Acres (536 hectares)
- Our Annual Snowfall at Purgatory is 260 inches (660 centimeters) (That's over 21 FEET!)
- We can cover 250 acres (21% of the mountain) with our Snowmaking
- We have 10 Lifts serving 88 runs and can get up to 15,050 people to the top of the mountain per hour.
1 High Speed Six Person
1 High Speed Quad
4 Triple Chairlifts
3 Double Chairlifts
1 Magic Carpet
Our trail ratings by percentage are:
We have five terrain parks for even more fun:
- Paradise Freestyle Arena
- Pitchfork Terrain Garden
- Divine Comedy (the locals call it DC)
- Animas City Adventure Park
- Pinkerton Starter Park (NEW)
Dates and Times
We will open for the 2013-2014 winter season the day after Thanksgiving (weather permitting) and close for daily operations on March 30. Check our website for information regarding extended operations.
Lift Hours of Operation are daily, 9am until 4pm. Half day starts at 12:30pm.
Ticket office hours of operation are: 8am - 5pm daily. 970.385.2168